Monday, June 11, 2012

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

Title : The Prophet
Author: Amanda Stevens
Date Read: April 2012
Why did you read it: It was the last in a great series.
What was it about: My name is Amelia Gray.
I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passsed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.
In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston-where witchcraft, root doctors, and black magic still flourish-and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.
Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: Follow the rules or follow my heart.
Who was your favorite Character: Amelia
How did you feel after reading it: I am hoping that  maybe the author will come out with more in this series. Though at the end I was a little annoyed with Amelia that she couldn’t just be happy that she got everything she got. I finally got to see her and Devlin together but there was a strange miasma hanging over things because she just couldn't let herself be happy about it all. But the characters are well thought out and able to invoke a good response from me so I will definately read more if she puts anymore out in this series.

Questions/Comments: Paranormal Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment